Cheesecake for cheese and sweet lovers is a very simple yet fulfilling dish. You can make berry coolie and vanilla whipped cream to accompany the experience. I’m a cuisine cook, so my experience with patisserie is limited, but I found this recipe to be straightforward and ultimately satisfying. Of course, I’ve tried it myself and therefore ensured the ingredients are accurate and mix as they’re supposed to.
I made double the recipe for restaurant service as you can see below, but the ingredient list I outline is portioned for a 9-inch baking pan to serve around 10-12 portions.
- 370g graham cracker crumbs
- 100ml melted butter
- 60g sugar
- 60g unsweetened chocolate
- 30g butter
- 720g cream cheese (room temp.)
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 250g sugar
- 30g flour
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 250ml light cream
Methodology – Preheat oven to 450°F
- Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar. Press into baking pan. If not spring-form pan, use parchment paper to remove after baking. Push the crust up the sides. Put pan in freezer to solidify.
- Filling: Melt chocolate and butter on ban-marie. In kitchen-aid mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and flour. In separate bowl, beat the eggs and add the cream. Add 3/4 of the egg batter into the cream cheese mix and the rest in with the chocolate.
- Filling the crust: Pour the cream cheese batter onto the crusted pan and spread out evenly. Drizzle in the chocolate batter while swirling it with a knife to combine it with the cream cheese batter.
- Baking: Put baking pan into a large roasting pan filled a little with hot water. Bake for 15 mins and reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for 1hr approximately. Test center with a long toothpick to ensure the batter is fully cooked. Continue baking at a low temperature if necessary. Rest cake on stove before chilling in fridge for 24hrs and serving.